Computational Biologist Position
IRCCS Fondazione Cà Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico - University of Milan
The Stefania Corti Lab is looking for a young, motivated junior postdoctoral fellow with a background in bioinformatic who would like to contribute to the development of projects focused on the human and murine genomic determinants of several neuromuscular diseases. We are particularly interested in elucidating the mechanisms that contribute to disease onset and progression and how novel drugs can interfere with the pathological phenotypes. We are using cellular models from reprogrammed cells and genetically modified murine models and we will apply single cell sequencing and whole genome analyses.
The successful candidate will work closely with other researchers – including scientists and clinicians – to develop and implement computational and visualization strategies mainly for single cell RNA sequencing data.
Qualifications and Experience
– A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or a related field.
– Solid background on computational and statistical methods to analyze large-scale datasets and of programming skills (Python, R, preferable).
– Proficiency with Unix/Linux operating system.
– Expertise in genomics and in processing data from next-generation sequencing and related technologies.
– Excellent communication skills, collaborative attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
– Fluency in English.
– A strong work ethic and commitment to timely delivery of results.
Any further knowledge in cellular and molecular biology will be advantageous.
The laboratory is located at IRCCS Fondazione Ca’Granda, Ospedale Policlinico Maggiore with joint affiliation with the University of Milan.
The position will be covered for 2 years by “Assegno di Ricerca, Type A” from University of Milan. Internal deadline for application is December 10th, 2021.
To apply, please send your CV as soon as possible and contact details of at least one reference to email@example.com.
Per candidarti invia i tuoi dati a firstname.lastname@example.org